Fundraising ideas and tools
All sorts of ideas can become successful fundraising activities. Here are a few to get you started:
- AFL Grand Final parties
- Car boot sales
- Car rallies
- Casual days at work or at school
- Charity cricket matches
- Christmas in July (ask your guests to make a donation)
- Dinner parties (ask your guests to donate what they would have spent on a night out)
- Easter or Christmas hamper raffles
- Fashion parades
- Fishing competitions
- High teas
- Gala balls
- Give up a special treat (coffee, chocolates, etc.) and donate what you would have spent to Peter Mac
- Golf days
- Head shaves
- Long-distance cycling challenges
- Movie nights
- Online auctions
- Trivia nights
Please review our fundraising guidelines before you begin.
Expense and income form
Recording your expenses and income as you go will make it much easier than trying to work it out at the end of your event.
Receipt request form
Record your donors’ details so that we can send them tax receipts.
Give your fundraising a boost by using our fundraising email templates:
Ask someone for a donation today
You will be surprised how generous friends, family, workmates and other contacts will be when you ask for a donation. Use this email template to ask someone for a donation today.
Start a team
Get your friends and family to join in and help you reach your goal. Use this email template to recruit team members.
Ask local businesses for a donation
Local businesses can play an important role in helping your fundraising. Use this list to consider which of your local businesses to approach.