Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is a leading integrated cancer research, treatment and education centre globally, and is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer. Our researchers are passionate and determined to find new ways to prevent, treat and cure all types of cancer. Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation supports this research by funding new research opportunities and providing researchers access to the specialised resources needed to discover cancer cures.
While the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation is under no obligation to make refunds, we understand that there may be circumstances where a refund is justified. Refunds are given at the discretion of management and will be given according to the following principles:
- We will refund if an error has been made by us, Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation.
- We may refund if the donor entered the wrong amount.
- We will refund if a regular gift was not cancelled correctly when requested. The refund will be to the maximum of the last debit amount.
- We may refund a gift where a donor has indicated a preferred use of the funds and Peter Mac is unable to honour that preference and an alternative purpose cannot be agreed.
- We will refund if a donor’s banking details were fraudulently acquired and used.
- We will refund if the donor was in vulnerable circumstances at the time the gift is made.
- We will only consider refund requests made in writing within 60 days of the date that the donation was made.
- We will refund up to a maximum of the last donation amount.
- We will refund only once the funds have settled in the Foundation’s bank account.
- We will refund event registrations in accordance with the refund procedure for that event or, in the absence of an event-specific refund procedure, in line with the principles set out in this policy.
- Refund requests cannot be made on behalf of another individual (unless they have given legal guardianship or power of attorney).
Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation expects that supporters will carefully consider their decision to donate and check donation amounts during transactions. We are unable to issue refunds if a person changes their mind.
Once a refund has been made the original tax receipt becomes invalid. Refunds will be returned using the original payment method.
If a donor is not satisfied with the outcome of a decision to refund, the matter will be referred to the Executive Director, Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation to review the decision.
How to submit a request for a refund:
Requests for refunds must be made in writing and include your full name, supporter ID (if known), mailing address, phone number, details of the donation (date, amount and payment method), together with a justification for the refund. On occasions a photo ID such as a driver’s license may be required to confirm proof of identity.
Please send your request in writing to:
Email: [email protected]
Post: Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation, Locked Bag 5, A’Beckett St VIC 8006
We will review and respond to refund requests within 3 business days. If you do not receive a response within this timeframe, please follow up with a phone call.