Inaugural Unite to Fight Cancer raises $1.3M for cancer research!
More than 1600 passionate Peter Mac supporters have joined together to raise more than $1.3M for cancer research as part of the inaugural Unite to Fight Cancer.
The event saw cancer survivors, their families and others with a passion for cancer research unite together on Sunday 28 October to walk (21km), run (21km), or cycle (60km or 100km) to help transform the future for people facing cancer.
The funds raised will play a key role in supporting Peter Mac’s 600 cancer researchers to:
- Prevent cancers before they occur
- Detect cancers at an early stage, so that patients have the best chance of cure
- Treat cancers in ways that are more effective, and have fewer side-effects
- Support the psychological wellbeing of patients and their loved ones, both during treatment and beyond
- Cure our patients’ cancers so they can lead long and happy lives, free from cancer.
On behalf of all of us at Peter Mac – our cancer researchers, our doctors and nurses, and most importantly the many families who will be impacted by new cancer research discoveries – we offer our most grateful thanks to all those in our community who supported the event.
We know the cures are out there. Together we can find them sooner.
The next Unite to Fight Cancer is planned for late October 2019. To find out more, visit www.unitetofightcancer.org.au