Philip and Trix Wollen Join the Fight Against Cancer
Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation is pleased to announce the support of Australian philanthropist, Mr Philip Wollen OAM and his wife, Trix.
Philip and Trix have contributed a substantial gift of $100,000 to the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre’s, Centre of Excellence in Cellular Immunotherapy.
The creation of the centre affirms Peter Mac’s commitment to providing the best cancer care and the acceleration of discovery and translational research. Peter Mac’s vision for the centre is to make cellular immunotherapy available to cancer patients in Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
Philip and Trix are proud to share in our vision to make cancer history, and look forward to the significant advances their investment in cancer research at Peter Mac will generate.
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre Chief Executive, Dr Shelley Dolan, said philanthropic support from donors like Philip and Trix was helping to transform the care available to patients at Peter Mac.
“The Centre of Excellence in Cellular Immunotherapy is fast-tracking the establishment of clinical trials, helping Peter Mac to take great leaps forward in providing the best, individualised, cancer care,” Dr Dolan said.
“We are so grateful to Philip and Trix for playing such an important role in supporting innovation and discovery and directly improving outcomes for people with cancer.”
Philip is a former Vice-President of Citibank and was also General Manager at Citicorp.
He supports some 500 mission-critical projects for children, animals and the environment in more than 40 countries.
Philip has been recognised for his philanthropic impact having received the following awards:
• The Order of Australia Medal in The Queen’s Birthday Honours.
• Australian of the Year (Victoria).
• Honorary Fellow of the Oxford Centre of Animal Ethics, UK.
• Distinguished Alumni Award from The University of Adelaide.
• Australian Humanitarian Award, Australia
• Supreme Master Shining World Hero Award, Asia
• Cottonian of Eminence Award, India
• Humanitarian Award McKee Project, Costa Rica
• Sea Shepherd Volunteer of the Decade, Australia
• The Albert Schweitzer Award, USA
• The Peter Singer Prize and Medal, Berlin, Germany
Jointly Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre would like to thank Philip and Trix for their commitment to making a significant difference to the fight against cancer.